Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:13:52 -0500
From:      "Gene" <fbsd@brightstar.bomgardner.net>
To:        "Freebsd  Questions" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Help Finding ZFS snapshots

Hi All:

Using FreeBSD 8.1, amd64 - I wanted to recover files from a snapshot of
usr/home. Everything I've found via googling refers to a link such as
"path/zfs/.snapshot"

However, I'll be darned if I can find any such link. Snapshots existing are:

NAME                                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
zroot/usr@2011-01-02                  1.06G      -  10.2G  -
zroot/usr/home@2011-07-09              419M      -  11.9G  -
zroot/usr/ports@2011-01-02             720M      -   723M  -
zroot/usr/ports/distfiles@2011-01-02   310K      -  2.72G  -
zroot/usr/ports/packages@2011-01-02   20.0K      -  24.0K  -
zroot/usr/src@2011-01-02               159M      -   310M  -

And ZFS is version 3:

This system is currently running ZFS filesystem version 3.
All filesystems are formatted with the current version.
===
Either 1) I'm looking in all the wrong places, 2) the link was somehow
deleted, 3) ZFS has changed TWTAD (the way things are done).

Thanks.