Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      J A Shamsi <jashamsi@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh2 on linux mandrake 7.0 and freebsd

Hello

I have two Linux mandrake 7.o machines and one
freebsd 3.3 machine and have installed ssh2 on all.
freebsd one is working fine, even if the remote host
has ssh1

 but the two with linux mandrake 7.0  works well only
untill I have   ssh1 ,
when I installed ssh2  I can only connect to the
localhost and not to any other machine no matter
wether the remote system has ssh1 or ssh2.
the messgae i get is
Disconnected: protocol version not supported.
(Illegal protocol version).

often on the BSD machine the following messges are
appering on the screen
Login: DATE  TIME HOSTNAME sshd2[4095]
:FATAL ERROR; creating listener failed port 22 already
in use
But freebsd one hasn't got any problem  in terms of
logging I can login to the remote host frunning ssh1
and ssh2

any idea or help about these problems will be highly
appreciated

thanks

jawwad shamsi