Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 01:17:59 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Vladim=EDr_Benc?= <v.benc@volny.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Third IDE hard disk

If a BSD box doesn't "see" the third IDE, this seems to be in the BIOS is
Enabled only Primary IDE Controller. You must enable both Channels on the
controller.

Or is the IDE harddisk seen in BIOS post test? So you can try to change
the position of "problematic" disk to another master/slave/channel and
boot FBSD, but this is only stupid try :-)

Vladimir Benc