Date:      Sun, 20 May 2007 07:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Build with debug symbols

If I build a port with debugging information; i.e.
'make -g', is that debugging information stripped out
when the program is installed? If so, is there anyway
to prevent this from happening?

I have been attempting to build 'claws-mail' with
debugging information; however, when I run the program
under 'gdb' that information does not appear to be
present. I heard that there was a 'STRIP' flag I could
set; however, I cannot find any definitive information
regarding it.

--
White Hat
pigskin_referee@yahoo.com