Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:01:16 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
To:        barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
Cc:        rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>, stable <stable@freebsd.org>, "gaijin.k" <gaijin.k@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 06:15:22PM +0200, barbara wrote:

> > > Same here: the video plays fine on 7.2-S with linux_base-fc4 and
> > > linux-flashplugin9

> > > On 8-BETA2 with linux_base-f10 and linux-f10-flashplugin10 that video
> > > makes npviewer "coredumping".
> > >
> > This video played on my 8-BETA2 (r195818, SMP, i386) with linux_base-f10
> > and linux-f10-flashplugin10 without dumping core. Was your BETA2 before
> > or after library version bump and, if latter, did you rebuild all your
> > ports?
> >

> I've cvsupped and rebuilt my system on Jul. 23 and rebuilt all my ports.
> linux-f10-flashplugin10 is dumping core or not working for me too.
> BTW, why nspluginwrapper doesn't find the plugin?

I assume it's cause nothing is installed under
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/ so you need to do a

ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so \
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/

just before the nspluginwrapper -v -a -i as I mentioned it in the
Handbook.

Regarding my BETA2, I mostly use the 'current' packages and some may
come from before the bump, but firefox was built on friday.  I should
try to rebuild everything... however this box is really slow...

--
Marc