Date:      05 Sep 2002 17:09:43 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: alpha performance on -current

Am Don, 2002-09-05 um 16.51 schrieb Bernd Walter:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:43:27AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> >
> > On 05-Sep-2002 Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > > I'm using the appended diff, which I think is what you're suggesting:
> >
> > I think what he is really suggesting is to remove the mb's from all the
> > atomic_foo ops that don't have _acq or _rel in them.  The _acq and _rel
> > versions should be wrappers that add mb's.
>
> Exactly.

OK, I didn't get anything from the first sentence until now. What the
heck are you guys talking about??? I mean it, could someone explain or
even better point me to some resources so I can actually understand what
you guys mean? This is about kernel design and memory managment, right?
Any recommended readings?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan