Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:48:18 -0000
From:      "David De Silva" <david@desilva.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cisco Ethernet WAN module?

Mike,

> I've been searching and browsing the Cisco web site for a router that =
has
> either a built-in ethernet WAN connection or optional ethernet WAN =
module,
> unfortunately only the high-end routers have that kind of feature.

"Ethernet WAN" is a contradiction in terms, but I understand what you =
mean. We use dual-Ethernet routers all the time on our wireless service =
- one interface connects to the radio ethernet bridges, the other to the =
customer's LAN. I believe cable modem boxes also have ethernet =
interfaces but I can't verify that until service gets down my road in =
June... :-(

The only criteria for your application is that the router supports all =
of the usual routing protocols on the ethernet interface. I'm not aware =
of any that don't.=20

Regards,
David