Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:28:04 +0000
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Hunter <hunter2k@hotbox.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iso image questions (was HELP!!!)

A descriptive subject line in your email will help you get better (and
faster) responses in the future.

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 14:21, Hunter wrote:
> Hello all!
> I'm downloading 4.4 Release (CD images).
> 1) Do I need downloading 4.4mini.iso to install the system?
>    What's the difference from 4.4install?

Look at the README.TXT file in that folder on the FTP server.
It explains what eash of the images are.  The short answer is,
No, you don't need that ifyou already have "install".

> 2) It seems to me that it's a foolish question:
>    How can I make CDs from images? The program that I have reads uses
>    source CD or directory structure to make new CD
>    but it can't use images.
>    What program do I need to make installation CDs from images?

Not knowing what program you have, I can only give you a general
answer.
If you're using a Unix like system (FreeBSD, or Linux or similar) use
cdrecord, which will allow you to burn from an image.
If you're using windows, you'll have to hunt through the god-awful
"user friendly" menus and possibly the help files to figure it out.
Every CD burning program I've seen (even the crappy windows
ones) have an option to "burn CD from a CD image".  For some
reason, they tend to bury that ability deep in the menus, but it's
always been there, any time I've looked.

-Bill