Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:15:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Thomas Seck <tmseck-lists@netcologne.de>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Package system flaws?

> From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
> Date: Sun 14 Jul, 2002
> Subject: Re: Package system flaws?

> Mark Valentine wrote:
> > > Rather than trusting people with this, I would like to see the
> > > ability to learn institutionalized in the project and the tools,
> > > so that when individuals responsible leave, either voluntarily,
> > > or by getting hit by a bus, that the learning is not lost.
> >
> > I'd like to hear your ideas on how to make _that_ happen!  :-)
>
> [vague rant snipped]

I didn't see anything in there concrete enough to take action on...

We already know about the problem of modularising the base system,
and I'm not sure how reminding us of that helps to "institutionalize
the ability to learn".

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses