Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:56:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Vince Hoffman <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Trevor Hart <Trevor@eafhl.servegame.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache port

--0-95335228-1101254214=:28503

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Trevor Hart wrote:

> I installed Apache version 2.0.43 on my FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE server. The
> httpd file is set up with Listen 80 and Listen 8000. The problem is that =
it
> will not accept connections on port 80, even though it is listening (chec=
ked
> using netstat, and sockstat). It works fine on port 8000. I have never
> configured a router, so as far as I know, there=92s not one running. I am
> running a mail server, ftp, and a telnet server without problems in addit=
ion
> to the web server. It is not a problem with my ISP, nor my router as it w=
ill
> work if I forward port 80 to another computer. As far as I can tell, it=
=92s
> being blocked by FreeBSD, but I have no idea where or why, nor how to fix
> it.
Ok a few things to check (sorry if i'm going for the basics but they need=
=20
ruling out)
1) are you running ipf/ipfw/pf and if so have you allowed port 80
2) does "telnet localhost 80" then a "get /" give you an error message or=
=20
just connection refused ?
3) not sure if apache uses tcp wrappers but possibly check your=20
/etc/hosts.allow