Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 00:48:39 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>, The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

> Well, Jordan, if I'm going to spend lots of time marketing this stuff,
> it would help me to keep bread on the table if I have some CD-ROMs
> to sell. How much does WC charge wholesale, in volume?

Well, it's a sliding scale that depends on what you mean by "volume",
but even at the ten-piece price it's still quite competitive for the
reseller.  That's also why our direct retail prices are still
comparatively high by the standards of the industry; we deliberately
price stuff at around $10-$15 stuff over "street" value so that the
distributors have some room in which to comfortably undersell us and
still make a decent profit.  Since the FreeBSD CD product has a
surprisingly large population of loyal direct-sales customers, we can
also use the higher profits from these sales to directly fund more
substantial FreeBSD project interests now without putting Walnut Creek
CDROM on sticks in the process.  It seems to work out pretty well for
all concerned!

Anyway, if you drop me your FAX or snail address I'll have a
distributor price list sent to you.  I don't seem to have an on-line
copy of that particular information anywhere.

- Jordan