Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:21:23 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Adi Pircalabu <apircalabu@bitdefender.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing something in cgi-bin

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 05:17:58PM +0000, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> No, apxs is used (as its man clearly states) to build and install
> Apache modules. It has nothing to do with cgi and/or data directories
> used by Apache.

Bzzt.  I beg to differ:

$ grep "my \$installbuilddir" /usr/local/sbin/apxs
my $installbuilddir = "/usr/local/share/apache22/build";

$ grep cgi-bin /usr/local/share/apache22/build/config_vars.mk
exp_cgidir = /usr/local/www/apache22/cgi-bin
cgidir = ${datadir}/cgi-bin

apxs -q can be used to get any information about the Apache
installation setup.  The list of variables you can query are
documents.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |