Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 19:58:19 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion...

Karl Denninger scribbled this message on May 21:
> One other suggestion, while I'm at it.
>
> The "dgb" driver has been marked "alpha quality" for a LONG time.
>
> I've had a fax server running on a PC/Xe 8 port card (64k shared RAM)
> for well over a year on one of these cards - and have NEVER had a single
> problem with it.  That server gets a LOT of extremely heavy use, and
> if there were driver problems I would have found them by now.
>
> I'd suggest that someone drop the "alpha" byline on that one - its
> definitely stable :-)

me too, I've been using it to connect my Ricochet modem to my server..
the 2port board I have doesn't have problems with the Ricochet's over
clocking of the serial port by at LEAST 4% (2k+ at 19.2kbps) when I'm
running the modem at 115.2kbps (actually ~120kbps+...

dgb0: PC/Xe 64/8K (windowed)
dgb0 at 0x320-0x323 maddr 0xd0000 msize 8192 on isa
dgb0: 2 ports

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson