Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Moving FreeBSD

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

 : the Linux stuff only got done because some apache group within
 : Netscape pushed it through before anyone in upper management really
 : caught on. :)

>From what I've heard, the latest version of Mosaic supports some advanced
browser features.  Maybe that would be a good place to start.  There's
also an effort in the Linux community to write a new advanced browser,
though I can't remember the name of it right now.

 : It's at B&N and Egghead now - I've seen it at both places, just not
 : very well stocked.  We hope to address this by coming out with a new
 : retail box and updated book which make it a more attractive shelf
 : item.

I know of two places in the Boston area that have BSD-flavored UNIXes on
their shelves.  Several more have some Linux distribution or another,
usually in a professionally designed box with a book and a few CDs.
Newbies seem attracted to these "easy to install" kits, so your idea is
probably sound.

K.S.