Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:43:58 -0700
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Performance issue against NetApp

On 2013-04-24, at 17:36 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> If you explicitly set rsize=3DN,wsize=3DN on a mount, those sizes will =
be
> used unless they are greater than min(MAXBSIZE, server-max). MAXBSIZE =
is
> the limit for the client side buffer cache and server-max is whatever
> the server says is its max, so the client never uses a value greater =
than
> that.

Just got my new Intel card in, so starting to play with it =85 one thing =
I didn't notice yesterday when I ran nfsstat -m:

=
nfsv3,tcp,resvport,soft,intr,cto,lockd,sec=3Dsys,acdirmin=3D3,acdirmax=3D6=
0,acregmin=3D5,acregmax=3D60,nametimeo=3D60,negnametimeo=3D60,rsize=3D6553=
6,wsize=3D65536,readdirsize=3D32768,readahead=3D1,wcommitsize=3D5175966,ti=
meout=3D120,retrans=3D2

Earlier in this thread, it was recommended to change to 32k =85 and =
Jeremy Chadwick thought it defaulted to 8k =85

My fstab entry right now is simply:

192.168.1.1:/vol/vm     /vm             nfs     rw,intr,soft    0       =
0

so I'm not changing rsize/wsize anywhere =85 did those defaults get =
raised recently and nobody noticed?  or does it make sense to reduce =
from 64k -> 32k to get better performance?

Again, this is using a FreeBSD client to mount from a NetApp file server =
...=