Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:06:36 +0200
From:      Amedeo Beck Peccoz <gea@masternet.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba problems

I can't see Samba server from win95 machines. Note that:
1) I'm experienced with Samba since I did let it run on another server
   but with dos clients;
2) I've properly installed the server (smbclient runs both from
   the server and from another unix client);
3) I do not have other network problems (ping, tracroute, ftp, http,
   telnet,... work);
4) NetBEUI has been configured as a win95 protocol;
5) nor the command line 'net use' or the gaphical 'connect...' work as
   they claim that they 'cannot find the server or the service'
   (microsoft unclearness in error messages is the main problem
   of my life);
6) I refer to service 'dir' on mashine 'abc' with '//abc/dir';
7) 'abc' has an entry in \windows\hosts and can be ping-ed, tracerout-ed
   ftp-ed and so on;
8) I do not consider myself as a lucky person (that's why I try not to
   use ms products;

 I do hope someone not on holiday had similar experiences and may help.

 Please answer to me personally as I'm not subscribed to this mailing
list. Thank you.

--
Amedeo Beck Peccoz
GEA Software S.r.l.