Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2008 01:59:10 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplugin9 Restricted?

"
> Then why do they still show up as Restricted in portfresh and ports?

At lot of proprietary software is marked as RESTRICTED, in this case
the reason is simply "Redistribution not allowed".

At the time the port  was removed it was against the license to run
the binary on any OS that wasn't officially supported.

> 7 is almost useless anyway since most sites use 9 now, and 9 is not
> even worth the time, flash almost is a waste of time installing :p

AFAIK Flash9 relies on the Linux 2.6 kernel, and so wont run on
FreeBSDs default of 2.4. I've not tried it, but I think people have said
it can be made to run with 2.6 emulation.