Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 06:56:29 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <freebsd@coastcable.com>
To:        cblasius <cblasius@o2.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enable plugin nppdf.so in firefox?

cblasius wrote:

> [john@machina ~]$ firefox
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/
> ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so [/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/
> intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined symbol "XtCalloc"]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/
> plugins/nphelix.so [Shared object "libm.so.6" not found,
> required by "nphelix.so"]
When I did my last update using portmanager I had to make some symbolic
links to existing libraries to avert error messages such as

/lib/libm.so.6 -> /lib/libm.so.3

and that seemed to fix the problem.

I am also experiencing some problem with Linux-realplayer-10 and it's
willingness to register with firefox to play rm,ram,rv,mp3,ogg,wav.
etc..  The only thing it  registers is rpm.

Cheers,

Kevin