Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:28:01 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI and apm_saver?

ACPI works pretty well on my HP Pavilion Notebook.  But is it possible
to get the apm saver (apm_saver.ko) to work with ACPI? From what I
understand, acpi is a superset of apm, and is able to provide some
emulation of apm functionality.  So, by this principle, shouldn't
apm_saver work with acpi?

I've got these in my /etc/rc.conf:

apm_enable="YES"
apmd_enable="YES"
saver="apm"

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure I am.  But the standby mode
works great when I press the button or close the lid.