Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 1995 05:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions <FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   mt grief?

me again!

	in a rare fit of prior planning, i actually backed up my tarfiles
onto a scsi tape. Unfortuneately, i seem to be unable to read it! bummer!

128: {42} tar -xv
st0: not ready
tar: can't open /dev/rst0 : Input/output error
128: {43} mt rewind
st0: not ready
mt: /dev/nrst0: Input/output error

here is dmesg:
nca0 at 0x1f88-0x1f8b irq 10 on isa
nca0: type ProAudioSpectrum-16
nca0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
(nca0:4:0): "  " type 1 removable SCSI 1
st0(nca0:4:0): Sequential-Access drive offline

is there something obvious that i am forgetting? is it broken? i set all
the rst0 and nrst0 to be readable by u, me , and my brother's cat and i
still get the same errors.. :-(

 John Utz	spaz@stein.u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life