Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:03:16 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Supote=20Leelasupphakorn?= <pjn0211@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help: can't send email from my box.

Hi, all

I have tried below

  echo "this is my testing email" | mail -s "1st mail" me@mydomain.com

but no luck. /var/log/maillog show me that

to=me@mydomain.com, ctladdr=pjn (1001/1001), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=relay, pri=30040, relay=localhost.mytestdomain.com [127.0.0.1],
dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by localhost.mytestdomain.com

My question are
1. Is it possible for sending emails from the host that hasn't run "sendmail"
on it.
2. It seem "mail" try to connect SMTP on localhost.mytestdomain.com.  If I want
"mail" connect to SMTP on the remote host (@mydomain.com's mail server),  or
say I want to change my "outgoing mail host". How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance,