Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:26:46 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: optical drives

>Jim Bryant stands accused of saying:
>>
>> btw: take note of the 128M disktab i put in my last posting on this
>> topic...  it might go nicely in the /etc/disktab next to mo230 for the
>> dist...  i had to buy a 128M disk once when the store was out of 230s,
>> and added that one to disktab recently...  it seems to work, as i
>> moved my IEN/RFC collection to it to free up space on a 230M...
>
>Putting disktab entries in for most disks is pointless; the 'auto' type
>will work unless the driver can't get the disk's size right.

This reminds me that someone with a thick skin/mailbox should remove the
existing zip100 and mo230 entries in src/etc/etc.i386/disktab.  The zip100
entry is pointless because it only works in cases where `auto' would work,
i.e., for whole disks that don't have have Iomega's default partitioning
(you have to clear the partition table to use this entry).  The mo230
entry is pointless because it only works for Jim's default partitioning
(you probably have to change the partition table to use this entry).

`auto' is pointless for similar reasons.

Bruce