Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:10:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Omnibook 5000 & pccard

I am trying to put 2.2.6 onto my laptop, an HP
Omnibook 5000C 5/75 model 810.  The system runs,
but the pccard system isn't initializing.  I
am running the stock PCCARD kernel and have
set pccard_enable="YES" & pccard_mem="DEFAULT",
and have copied the /etc/pccard.conf.sample
into /etc/pccard.conf.  Dmesg has the line

  pcic0 <Cirrus Logic PD6729/6730 PC-Card Controller>
    rev 254 int a irq ?? on pci0:3:0

and a bit later,

  Initializing PC-card drivers: aic ed ep fe sio

Ls -l /dev/card? yields cdevs 50/0 and 50/1.

However, when /etc/rc.pccard runs, pccardc
says "/dev/card0: Device not configured" and
pccardd says "fatal error: no PC-CARD slots".

What else do I need to do to get this to work?

-Greg