Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:22:11 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good results with Wincast/TVdbx

>From The Desk Of Randall Hopper :
> Amancio Hasty:
>  |I forgot to mentioned that the driver does not wash windows nor does it
>  |control the weather 8)
>
> What!?  But I thought.... Aawwhh, Nuts.  ;-)
>
>  |>         And color conversion + a capturecard-videocard single DMA transfe
>  |>         per frame would be a real peach.  The '95 Wincast TV program does
>  |>         this I believe (great framerate, no artifacts, and low CPU!).
>  |	  Nope the Win95 client , does capturing okay, it does retry
>  |	  very well 8) And the output to the display is slow slow and slow.
>  |	  the capture utility probably just uses the cap class to grab
>  |	  the frame then uses GDI or DIB both are slow .
>  |	  Your frame rate will go way up once you get a decent or
>  |	  well supported vga card for sure you will leave Win95 in the dust.
>  |	  Well, at least thats the case over here .
>  |	  Bettina: Why is the video display so slow?
>  |	  Amancio: Sorry babe, I am running Win95 . 8)
>  |	  Bettina: Oh, Okay it is much faster on FreeBSD...
>
>      I believe you misunderstood me.  I'm no Win95 fan (quite the

I am not a Win95 fan and I don't mind comparing two different
implementations which I did in my case thats all.

It appears that Hauppauge has implemented the "overlay" capability in
their driver. "overlay" in this case is direct dma transfer . Intel
got lazy and didn't implement this feature in their driver actually
they only implemented yuv9 and rgb24.

	Have fun,
	Amancio