Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:49:16 +1000
From:      mcwong@ascend.com
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Safe upgrade from 2.2.5 --> 3.2 ?

Ok,

Let me get this correct then. The steps for me should then be:

1) get 2.2.8 src for my 2.2.5 system
     make world
     reboot

     Are there any significant changes such as /etc/* stuff
     in 2.2.8 that requires mergemaster when doing this
     round of upgrade ?

2) On 2.2.8, get 3.2 src and follow the instruction on the
     web.
     mergemaster
     make upgrade
     reboot

Is that correct ? I will properly document all the steps
after my upgrade  and should it be successful and send
it to the list for others.

Regards,
MCW

Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk> on 08/20/99 07:36:21 AM