Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:56:49 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does 4.1 Support USB Modems?

Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu> probably said:
> There's no cable but there are plenty of usb<->serial boxes.  I don't know
> if FreeBSD supports them or how they interface.  I just have one for the
> PowerBook and had to install the vendor's driver to get it going.

There don't appear to be any real standards for usb serial, so they
all do it differently. Doug Ambrisko has some betaish drivers for some
of the Entrega Serial things, they've been bought recently though.

  http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/usio/

I was trying to help out debugging the driver before I went off to the
other side of the atlantic, now I'm back I'll dig out the testing
parts I need and get back to him about it.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu