Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:27:55 -0400
From:      Gary Mu1der <gmulder@infotechfl.com>
To:        Tom Shafron <phred1975@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: designing new freebsd server for amd64 arch

Tom,

As I said, I'm not definitively certain this was the bge interface. ipf
was loaded, but was configured to pass all for all interfaces on the
system.

We were just ssh'd into the system so load was non-existent. A few weeks
ago we transferred 20GB of data via rsync to the system with no issues.

Established ssh connections were fine, nmap reported that ssh was
listening on port 22, but no new ssh connection to the system would
complete. Using telnet to connect to port 22 didn't get any response.

Rebooting the system didn't fix the problem. We had to power cycle the
system before it fixed itself.

Gary