Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:36:46 -0500
From:      Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rik Davis <rik_davis2004@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Ports collection issue

On Thursday 26 October 2006 19:07, Rik Davis wrote:
> Guys,
>
>   I'm a die hard freebsd user, but I am finding myself becomeing quite
> frustrated with why you completely pulled the 5.4 ports collection off of
> your ftp sites.
>
>   When I try to use my /stand/sysinstall now and attempt to connect to you
> ftp server, I ge the error that it cannot locate the 5.4-RELEASE packages.
> Why would you remove a collection that is still in such high demand by
> those of us that have yet to upgrade our binaries to a later version?
>
>   I depend on that being there, but this is not leaving a very pleasant
> taste in my mouth. Also, this is not the first time I have seen you do
> this. What am I supposed to do now that I no longer have access to those
> packages?
>
>   Sincerely,
>
>   Adrian Brooks

Adrian,

Use /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui and create a cvsupfile.  You can then
selectively install src-all, src-contrib, ports-all and any of the various
ports sub-trees that you need (but stick with ports-all).

cvsup will get the proper Makefiles and whatnot for you.

Email me if you need help setting that up.

lane