Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:20:37 +0200
From:      "Marcello Maggioni" <hayarms@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Video doesn't wakeup from suspend on Vaio S4M/S (S460)

------=_Part_53214_22354713.1175790037136

Hi everyone!

I've just successfully installed FreeBSD 6.2 on my Vaio S4M/S and
seems that everything works without problems (Nvidia drivers excluded,
X works but they corrupt the text consoles, so I had to uninstall
them) but I can't get my Vaio the video resume from S3 suspend .

I'll explain better:

I put the vaio in suspend mode with "acpiconf -s 3" or "zzz" and
everything is ok, then I push a button to recover from suspend and the
laptop starts to wakeup, but then the screen remains black.

I can reboot the laptop with Ctrl+alt+canc and probably , but on the
screen appears nothing. The machine resume correctly, but the screen
doesn't wakeup.

I've tried multiple option . I've kldloaded acpi_video, then I tried to use :

sysctl hw.acpi.reset_video=1

but without luck.

There is a way to get it working?

My dmesg attached