Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:39:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to share HP LaserJet III with Samba?

Hello:

	I have an HP LaserJet III attached to my FreeBSD 4.4 server's
parallel port.  I set up lpd so that I can print files out from the
server using lpr.

I have also set up samba with directories shared out to my windows
machines.  However, I cannot figure out how to set up samba to allow the
windows machines to print to the LaserJet III.  I got it to the point
where it is listed in network neighborhood, but I cannot print.

I am assuming that I set up the samba spool directory or permissions
wrong.  Could someone tell me how to set up smb.conf and the directory
permissions to get printing to work using the samba guest account?

Assume I am an idiot. :-)

Below is my /etc/printcap file.  I don't want to paste smb.conf because it
is way too long, and it does not work.

lp|HP LaserJet III:\
	:sh:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:\
	:if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:

Here is the /usr/local/libexec/if-simple script:

#!/bin/sh
printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\033&l0H" && exit 0
exit 2

Thank you,

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386
10:27PM  up 9 days, 23:50, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00