Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:08:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      mgraffam@mhv.net
To:        "John A. Shue" <John.Shue@symmetron.com>
Cc:        "'Trenton Schulz'" <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>, "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 3D support in FreeBSD

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, John A. Shue wrote:
> I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but from the web page, it
> sounds like there shouldn't be any problems compiling Mesa under
> FreeBSD/XFree86.

I've messed with it a bit, I haven't tried it yet on my 3dfs Vd card
yet, but I was impressed with it's OpenGL compliance.. it was, of course
horribly slow without hardware support. OTOH people who had never seen
real OpenGL stuff were impressed by Mesa. So, I suppose YMMV.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the
guidance of another. . .Sapere aude! Have the courage to use your own
understanding!" - Immanuel Kant "What is Enlightenment?"