Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:00:10 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: found dirty cache page 0xf046f1c0

Peter Wemm wrote:
> Dual p5-90 w/ 48M ram, doing a major cvs update/merge (which mostly got
> lost):
>
> panic: found dirty cache page 0xf046f1c0
> mp_lock = 01000001; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 01000000
> Debugger("panic")
> Stopped at      Debugger+0x37:  movl    $0,in_Debugger
> db> trace

This is possibly a false alarm..  Something wierd was happening.  I cleaned
out the kernel and reconfigured with NFS static (it was being loaded) and
it seems to boot OK.  At least, I'm not getting console corruption (random
baud rate changes) and the SMP mutex being broken and both cpu's entering
the kernel at once.....  I think I'll blame it on the 15 hour electrical
storm. :-]

Cheers,
-Peter