Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:08:05 -0800
From:      Nicole Harrington  <nicole@mediacity.com>
To:        "Bryan K. Ogawa"  <bkogawa@primenet.com>, dg@root.com
Cc:        nicole@mediacity.com, sharding@ophelia.uoregon.edu, Studded  <Studded@dal.net>, The experts  <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mirror Mirror crashing down - GOT IT!

Hi All

Thanks so much for your help.. I found the trouble

GOOD:
remote_dir =/pub/FreeBSD

BAD:
remote_dir = /pub/FreeBSD

It seems that it is very picky on spaces...

 Nicole

> >In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >># Mirror.default
> >
> >>verbose = true
> >>make_bad_symlinks = true
> >>package = FreeBSD
> >>site = ftp.freebsd.org
> >
> >>local_dir = /usr/local/etc/ftp/pub/FreeBSD/
> >>remote_dir = pub/FreeBSD
> >
> >Hm.  /pub/FreeBSD on wcarchive is a symlink.  I don't know much about
> >mirror -- does it do OK with symlinks as initial targets?
> >
> >If not, then one of these may work.
> >
> >remote_dir = /.25/FreeBSD
> >or
> >remote_dir = .25/FreeBSD
> >
> >>do_deletes = true
> >>store_remote_listing = /usr/local/etc/ftp/pub/nicole
> >>get_newer = true
>
>    You definately want to use the /pub/FreeBSD symlink and not the absolute
> path - we move things around regularly and the mirror would break if we did.
> I think the problem is that the local directory doesn't exist on their
> machine; make sure it exists before running the mirror.
>
> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

     Nicole Harrington | Systems Administrator

  nicole@mediacity.com - nicole@ispchannel.com
     www.mediacity.com - www.ispchannel.com
   Phone: 650-237-1464 - Pager: 415-301-2482