Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:21:05 -0500
From:      Kyle Allender <kallender@completecomputing.com>
To:        Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox 2.0.0.6 build fails: missing pangox.h

Mel wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007 19:01:11 Kyle Allender wrote:
>

>> nsRenderingContextGTK.h:161: warning:   by `virtual nsresult
>> nsRenderingContextGTK::DrawString(const nsString&, nscoord, nscoord,
>> PRInt32, const nscoord*)'
>> nsDeviceContextGTK.cpp:70:26: pango/pangox.h: No such file or directory
>>

>> I've been googling and trying to research the problem via the
>> freebsd/gnome pages, but have thus far come up empty.  I can provide
>> further log entries as needed, too.
>>

> Could you post full compile statement for that error? Most notably it should
> include -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.

A quick follow-up.  I tried this command:

make -DENABLE-STATIC -DENABLE-SHARED

in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango

and now the pangox.h file is present here:

[root@sia /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango/work/pango-1.16.5/pango]# ls -ld
pangox.h
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  4393 May 10 16:44 pangox.h

Now the question becomes how do I get that file installed in
/usr/local/include as required by the firefox port without the ports
system overriding my configuration changes?  Will a

make install

provide the correct result?  Or should I use:

make -DENABLE-STATIC -DENABLE-SHARED install?