Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:50:44 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
Subject:   Re: Using pam_ssh with gdm

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:56:21 -0700
Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net> wrote:

> I want to use pam_ssh with gdm to "streamline" my login.  From reading
> the pam_ssh man page, it claims that the session module starts ssh-agent
> and passes any authenticated keys.  Keys get authenticated during the
> "auth" phase.
>
> I currently have the following lines in /etc/pam.conf:

I use it with xdm (on -current), try this instead:
---snip---
gdm auth            sufficient      pam_ssh.so              no_warn try_first_pass
gdm auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass

gdm account         required        pam_unix.so

gdm session         optional        pam_ssh.so
gdm session         required        pam_permit.so
---snip---

Use your ssh password to login.

> I hope that someone has some information to help me out.  Does anyone
> actually *use* pam_ssh?

Yes, on -current. It's different than the one in -stable (AFAIK).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.