Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 02:27:26 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   May San Francisco BAFUG meeting

                         -- San Francisco BAFUG --
                      (Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group)

                             May 2000 Meeting

The San Francisco chapter of the Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group (BAFUG) will
be holding its monthly meeting on Thursday, May 11th.  This month's
meeting will be held at Whistle's corp. office in Foster City. The meeting
will start at 7:30 pm.

Agenda :

    ==> Our main event is a discussion about the pros and cons of FreeBSD
        and Linux.

        Come and join Josef Grosch (FreeBSD), Nicole Harrington (FreeBSD)
        and Rick Moen (Linux) for a guided tour exploring the different
        pros and cons of FreeBSD and Linux. Come and defend your favorite
        OS. Tell us what you Love / Hate about FreeBSD or Linux. Our goal
        is to develop a large table of comparative data that will then be
        placed on the BAFUG website. Why?  We want a large and accurate
        table of comparison between FreeBSD and Linux to help those trying
        to decided on which OS is right for them and to help defend their
        choices to their employers. Also it can be used as a nice yard
        stick to show were FreeBSD might need improvement. We also want to
        provide weights of importance to various users. I.E. X86
        performance means nothing to those running servers.

        Also, we would like to include the names of those attending this
        meeting with the table to help improve its voracity.

    ==> Josef Grosch and Nicole Harrington will talk about BAFUG's plans
        for the Install-A-Thon at the Cow Palace in Daly City on June
        10th.

    ==> Pizza and Soda will be ordered and the hat will be passed
        `round

    ==> Of course, we will have the usually kvetchen about sundry
        topics

Location :
    This months meeting will be held at Whistle Communications. Whistle is
    located at 110 Marsh Dr. in Foster City. There is plenty parking in
    their lot.

Time :
    The meeting starts at 7:30ish with pizza showing up around 7:15ish. We
    generally get kicked out around 11:00 pm.

Directions :

    By CalTrain :
        Exit at the downtown San Mateo station, and walk several miles east
        on Third Avenue to the Marsh Drive intersection. Alternatively,
        exit at the Bay Meadows station and take the SanTrans Route 251
        Hillsdale - Foster City bus to the Bridgepoint Shopping Center stop
        and walk 1/4 mile north on Mariner's Island Blvd. to Third Avenue,
        turning right one block to Marsh Drive.

    By SamTrans :
        The Route 251 Hillsdale - Foster City bus line's Bridgepoint
        Shopping Center terminus is a few blocks from Whistle
        Communications.

    By Car :
        From the South Bay and Peninsula :
            Take 101 North towards San Francisco, From US-101 northbound,
            take CA-92 eastbound a mile to the Foster City Blvd., turning
            left (east) at the end of the ramp onto Metro Center Blvd. Go
            about a block and turn left (north-east) onto Foster City
            Blvd. Go about five blocks to the street's end, turning left
            (north) onto Third Avenue. Go about a block to turn left (west)
            at the first traffic light, onto Marsh Drive. Immediately turn
            left into the Whistle parking lot.

        From the East Bay :
            From CA-92/Hayward, cross the San Mateo Bridge and take the
            first exit Foster City Blvd., curving right at the end of the
            ramp to a left (north-east) turn onto Foster City Blvd. Then
            process as described above for US-101 northbound.

        From the North Bay and San Francisco :
            From US-101 southbound, exit eastbound onto Third Avenue
            proceeding several miles, past the Mariner's Island
            Blvd. intersection, to turn right (west) onto Marsh
            Drive. Immediately turn left into the Whistle parking
            lot.

WWW info :
    More info can be found at the following URLs

        Whistle Communications - http://www.whistle.com
        BAFUG - http://www.bafug.org

Contact :
    Please contact either Nicole Harrington <nicole@webweaver.net> or Josef
    Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com> on or before May 11th so we can
    have a basic idea of how much pizza, soda, and coffee we will need.

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 4.0
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses