Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:21:16 -0600
From:      Van Rathgeber <van@microbus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ethernet drivers

We are a manufacturer of single board computers and use a variety of
Ethernet chipsets. One of our customers is using FreeBSD (he said he is
currently on v2.2.8 but is planning to update to v3 or v4). He requires
that the Ethernet controller be on our board, that it be 100BaseT, and that
it have drivers for FreeBSD. We currently use Symbios' 53C885 100BaseTx
ethernet on our high performance cards. I would be surprised if this was
supported by FreeBSD since this chipset does not appear to be in wide use.
However, we are planning a new SBC and could use a different Enet chipset.
Do you have (or know where I can obtain) a list of supported Ethernet chipsets?

Thanks, Van
  Van Rathgeber
  Microbus Inc
  10849 Kinghurst - Suite 105