Date:      Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:34:56 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/163102: linprocfs mounted in wrong location in Handbook

On 12/7/11 2:00 AM, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR docs/163102; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Sergey Kandaurov<pluknet@gmail.com>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, VoidChicken@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: docs/163102: linprocfs mounted in wrong location in Handbook
> Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:22:54 +0300
>
>   /compat is a symlink to usr/compat
>   So, nothing is wrong here for me.

If /compat/linux is the official path, then the default linprocfs
mountpoint should be /compat/linux/proc (that is what I always use).
Just like the default home dir is /home/<foo>, not /usr/home/<foo>.
/compat could just as easily be a different filesystem or a symlink to
somewhere else.  So I do think the Handbook should be updated regardless.

--
John Baldwin