Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:00:03 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        Fred Scott Thompson <flyhull@starnetusa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ne-2000 detection

that's a problem with BSD kernels. you can rather tell you
kernel what do you know about your hardware. on the other
hand AT&T kernels often try to detect hardware (sometimes they
even guess :-)

you do not need to recompile your kernel, just run UserConfig.
press "any key except Enter" during countdown and type
"boot -s" from the "diskXXX>" prompt.

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)