Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:22:54 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Lewis Thompson <lewiz@fajita.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Roaming tunnel (IPSEC or something).

On Aug 25, 2004, at 5:51 PM, Lewis Thompson wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 05:42:21PM -0500, David Kelly wrote:
>> On Aug 25, 2004, at 4:44 PM, Lewis Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering if it's possible to have a ``roaming tunnel'' so I have
>>> local-like access on my laptop wherever I am.
>>
>> Have not done it myself but IIRC the key is to define an "anonymous"
>> host in raccoon.conf.
>
> I spotted that existed... but I have gif tunnels set up and firewall
> rules... how do these work?

As I said, "I haven't done it" but Google "+anonymous +raccoon +ipsec"
turns up a couple of interesting references:

PIX IPSec VPN to FreeBSD - Static IP
http://bshell.com/projects/freebsd_pix/static.html

and I remember using this one way back when I last set up a VPN tunnel
with FreeBSD: http://asherah.dyndns.org/~josh/ipsec-howto.txt

A prettier version at:
http://www.daemonnews.org/200101/ipsec-howto.html

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net
Top-posters will not be shown the honor of a reply.