Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:31:58 -0600
From:      "Samuel Chow" <samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dhcp client and cable modem

Hi there,

> I do not understand why dhcp is talking to my ISP's DNS server

    Typically, the DHCP server will supply you with
    the DNS server address, and dhclient will rewrite
    the /etc/resolv.conf to reflect that.  Unless you
    configure otherwise, your host will use your ISP's
    DNS server.

> why it's using  255.255.255.255 for an ip address

    I think that is normal, at least that's what I
    see in my internal LAN.  When you don't have an
    IP lease, dhclient will use 255.255.255.255.

---
Samuel Chow
samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org

This message is displayed using recycled electrons.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)