Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:11:34 -0600
From:      Stephen Hoover <shooverfbn@442spot.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ethernet address

Does the driver in NT support software configuration of the hardware
address?
I looked up information on this card and could not find any detailed
support.

The ethernet prefix 08:00:08 is registered to:

08-00-08   (hex)		BOLT BERANEK AND NEWMAN INC.
080008     (base 16)	BOLT BERANEK AND NEWMAN INC.
				70 FAWCETT STREET
				CAMBRIDGE MA 02138

Did the second hardware address begin with this prefix? I am aware of cards
that
can have their hardware addresses set with the configuraton software, but I
am
unaware of any cards that "auto-generate" their hardware ID's.

Stephen Hoover
Dallas, Texas