Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:59:35 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Le Cocq Michel <Michel.Lecocq@lipn.univ-paris13.fr>
Cc:        Albert.Shih@obspm.fr, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to know who use NFS.

In the last episode (Sep 21), Le Cocq Michel said:
> Albert Shih a écrit :
> > Sometime I've a user (or some users but not lot of users) make a
> > very huge transfert through NFS. I don't want that.
> >
> > How can I known at un precise moment who charge my NFS server (I'm
> > root in both side : client and server).
>
> With some info student it also happen some times in here, and the way i
> find is to launch a tcpdum or ethereal on the server and look at which
> ip appear the more often

I think ethereal/wireshark is your best bet too.  At least with it you
can filter on the userid making an NFS request (it's rpc.auth.uid).
Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a summary or analysis option
for NFS, so you'll have to count packets maually...

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com