Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:58:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mobile Computer <mobile@vta.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: PCMCIA 16550A ( Thanks )

Tue Dec 12 16:37:58 EST 2000

Thanks Warner,

Some marginally justified intuition tells me that maybe the single port cards
are more likely to  behave like the  "likely to work"  modems cards  do,  and
the multiport cards might not be entirely up to #define COM_MULTIPORT snuff.

No matter.  2 slots, 2 cards. I'll buy one cheap (?) card, and if  it  works,
I'll by another. If it  doesn't,  and I can't  suitably  abuse the driver code
for  my   exercise,  I'll offer the card to the Core Members  and Nomads  as a
sacrifice to  a pagan  Device Driver Re-Coding Ritual.

FYI, the simple goal is  to create a passive serial line monitor with a laptop,
so that I don't have to ship / lug a much larger computer to far - away  places,
to service that Big Metal Thing They Pay Me To Fix.

Guy Boyd

reply to: mobile@vta.com

VTA Inc. / VTA Technologies
Atlanta, Georgia