Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:52:33 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@freebsd.org>, Piotr Zi?cik <kosmo@semihalf.com>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, thompsa@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU Cache and busdma usage in USB

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 09:56:04PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all I'm not able to boot into userland on my ARM board. Maybe I
> missed something. I'm using a custom built userland image.
>
> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0
> warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set
> accurately
> Jul 16 18:53:22 init: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'
> Fatal kernel mode data abort: 'Alignment Fault 3'
> trapframe: 0xc622cc60
> FSR=00000003, FAR=6e75203a, spsr=600000d3
> r0 =60000093, r1 =c10594a0, r2 =c10594a0, r3 =00000002
> r4 =c10acbd0, r5 =00000000, r6 =6e75203a, r7 =c10594a0
> r8 =c622cd74, r9 =00000000, r10=c0ab081c, r11=c622cccc
> r12=c622ccac, ssp=c622ccac, slr=c020a144, pc =c00c02c8
>
> [thread pid 4 tid 100008 ]
> Stopped at      _thread_lock_flags+0x24:        ldr     r4, [r6]
> db>

The alignment fault is probably our old friend :(
It comes and goes and adding/removing unrelated drivers in the kernel
can help.
I typically have spi and such, which I enable/disable.

My neweset ARM is running 8 from 17th april.
I had problems with login.conf as well.
login.conf.db had to be erased, otherwise bas things happened.
Not sure if it was panicing the whole kernel or just crashing processes.
Very strange problem, but since I never read about it on this list I
really thought it is my local problem somehow.
Now a few months later your init complains about login classes...

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de