Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:29:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   debugging ports

Well, I've moved my desktop to my amd64 box (the onboard audio of the Asus
K8V seems to be much worse than the onboard audio of the Epox 8KHA+, BTW,
and I'm going to be sticking in an old SB64 card to test that tomorrow).
KDE is still running remotely, but Qt 3.2.3 is compiling along (and ugh,
is gcc 3.3 ever slow compared to 2.95), and we'll see what happens (I'm
not compiling the ports, but KDE out of CVS, due to bandwidth issues).
Anyway, I was compiling other ports to make desktop life bearable, one of
them being vorbis-tools (for ogg123). And while it compiles file, it bus
errors on me right after opening any ogg file and printing the ID tag
information from it.

So .. I have a world from about 2 weeks back, with no gdb. Is there a
timeframe for gdb coming back? Or which port was it, again, that did the
trick?

Has anyone else seen a broken ogg123? I compiled (in order)
audio/libaudiofile audio/esound audio/libao audio/libogg audio/libvorbis
audio/vorbis-tools.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE