Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 06:55:39 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Classroom Advertising

I've been taking a networking class this summer, and luckily my instructor
likes Unix.  She's a Unix instuctor at another school.

After trying to sell the "Complete FreeBSD" book as the perfect book when
begining to learn Unix to a few of my classmates, I then turned to the
teacher and said that it would make a great classroom text book.  I told
her that the advantages of FreeBSD being free and coming with the book
makes it a great way for students to get a hold of their own Unix operating
system to learn at home from.  Also, I told her that the Complete FreeBSD
book covered just about everything needed to setup a FreeBSD box.....from
Installation, to setting up the Desktop, to setting up a network.

Next time I think I'm gonna bring the book to class and let her check it
out for herself.  Imagine a school using FreeBSD as their text book?  That
would rock!  Let's see if I can close the deal. :)

Joey Garcia