Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18243: a mistake in sh.1

The following reply was made to PR docs/18243; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To: mellon@pobox.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, martin@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:54:07 +0200

 On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:40:57 GMT, mellon@pobox.com wrote:

 >  .It Fl p Li privileged
 >  Turn on privileged mode.  This mode is enabled on startup
 >  if either the effective user or group id is not equal to the
 > -real user or group id.  Turning this mode off sets the
 > +real user or group id.  Turning this mode on sets the
 >  effective user and group ids to the real user and group ids.

 Weird, I don't get this at all.  My take on the code is that it should
 say something like:

 	Set the effective user and group ids
 	to the real user and group ids respectively
 	if this option is enabled on startup.

 The existing text doesn't make any sense to me.  Am I right with my
 description?

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.