Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:56:23 -0500
From:      Sean McGovern <sean@sfarc.net>
To:        hendrik@scholz.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: transcode-0.6.2_1

Dear port maintainer,

	I have been having a hell of a time trying to get transcode working on
my FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE box

	I compiled it from the ports collection with: make install
WITH_LAME=yes

	When I try to get information from a DVD in my drive, I get this:

sean@sakaki:~$ sudo tcprobe -i /dev/dvd
file read error: Invalid argument
[tcprobe] unknown file type
[tcprobe] filetype/codec not yet supported by 'transcode'
sean@sakaki:~$ sudo tcscan -i /dev/dvd
file read error: Invalid argument
Contents of file /dev/dvd (0/0x0 bytes):

	Is this a known issue on -STABLE? A friend on -CURRENT tells me it
works fine.

	Is there any other information I can provide you with to aid in fixing
this?