Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:51:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi@caudium.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/42118: mail/isoqlog fails to compile due to autoconf 2.5x conflicts

>Number:         42118
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       mail/isoqlog fails to compile due to autoconf 2.5x conflicts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD visp-mtp-1.fr.cw.net 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Fri Jul 19 17:26:16 CEST 2002 root@visp-mtp-1.fr.cw.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/VISP-MTP-1 i386

Port collections from 27/08/2002

Autoconf 2.5x seems to conflicts and avoid compilation of isoqlog.

>How-To-Repeat:

cd /usr/ports/mails/isoqlog
root@visp-mtp-1:/usr/ports/mail/isoqlog# make
===>  Extracting for isoqlog-2.0
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 >> Checksum OK for isoqlog-2.0.tar.gz.
 ===>   isoqlog-2.0 depends on executable: gmake - found
 ===>  Patching for isoqlog-2.0
 ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for isoqlog-2.0
 ===>  Configuring for isoqlog-2.0
 creating cache ./config.cache
 checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
 checking whether gmake sets ${MAKE}... yes
 checking for working aclocal... missing
 checking for working autoconf... found
 checking for working automake... missing
 checking for working autoheader... found
 checking for working makeinfo... found
 checking for gcc... cc
 checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro ) works... yes
 checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro ) is a cross-compiler... no
 checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
 checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
 checking for mawk... no
 checking for gawk... no
 checking for nawk... nawk
 checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
 checking for opendir in -ldir... no
 checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
 checking for ANSI C header files... yes
 checking for fcntl.h... yes
 checking for strings.h... yes
 checking for unistd.h... yes
 checking for size_t... yes
 checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
 checking for gethostname... yes
 checking for mkdir... yes
 checking for strdup... yes
 checking for strerror... yes
 checking for strstr... yes
 updating cache ./config.cache
 creating ./config.status
 creating Makefile
 creating htmltemp/Makefile
 creating htmltemp/images/Makefile
 creating htmltemp/library/Makefile
 creating lang/Makefile
 creating tr/Makefile
 ===>  Building for isoqlog-2.0
 cd . && /usr/ports/mail/isoqlog/work/isoqlog-2.0/missing aclocal
 WARNING: `aclocal' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
          you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.  You might want
          to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them from
          any GNU archive site.
 cd . && /usr/ports/mail/isoqlog/work/isoqlog-2.0/missing automake --gnu Makefile
 WARNING: `automake' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
          you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.
          You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
          Grab them from any GNU archive site.
 cd . && autoconf
 configure.in:3: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
 gmake: *** [configure] Error 1
 *** Error code 2

 Stop in /usr/ports/mail/isoqlog.